PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't Resist

BrisketJunkie
06-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Needed to replace the old smoker grill and stumbled on to this and it just jumped into the shopping cart. Brisket is waiting on me to assemble it.

4592:tap:

In my neck of the woods 30" used steel pipe is plentiful and so are retired welders who make some awesome trailer type grills. Super UDS's. I want one but it is a bone of contention with my better half. Sooner or later..:msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
06-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Not familiar with that unit. Can you show us the inside?

BrisketJunkie
06-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Not familiar with that unit. Can you show us the inside?As soon as help arrives and we can get it outside without Debby tinkling on us I'll photograph it inside and out. Supposed to be able to add fuel and water without losing heat out the top.

BrisketJunkie
06-25-2012, 08:43 PM
At first light and hopefully no rain, I give ya some photos of it and then a series of starting the fire to adding the brisket. After brisket is done have that wild coho salmon to slower smoke with the Everglades Heat.:thumbs up:

BrisketJunkie
06-26-2012, 08:15 AM
It was second light but I got my photo in the rain by using the front stoop for shelter. Camera water proof but I'm not. I float.:blushing: My backside got damp but I should live. After taking the photo I see the water pan should be dropped down to the next rack. I won't use it on the brisket anyway as they are full of marbling.:thumbs up:

peculiarmike
06-26-2012, 11:35 AM
I have a similar smoker.
You want to always use the water pan and keep water in it while in use, though not for the reasons they give in the instructions.
It's function is as a heat shield between the fire and your food.
It does put moisture in the air inside the smoker and that slows evaporation of moisture from the meat. No way does it "put moisture into the meat", you can't do that.

Show us the brisket!!!!! :thumbs up:

BrisketJunkie
06-26-2012, 11:42 AM
I have a similar smoker.
You want to always use the water pan and keep water in it while in use, though not for the reasons they give in the instructions.
It's function is as a heat shield between the fire and your food.
It does put moisture in the air inside the smoker and that slows evaporation of moisture from the meat. No way does it "put moisture into the meat", you can't do that.

Show us the brisket!!!!! :thumbs up:

4597Weather washed me out today. High winds, rain.:exasper:

OK. I posted photos of the brisket in the beef forum. Where there's a will there's a way to BBQ.:cheer: