PDA

View Full Version : NH Rock'n Ribest GC

Fatback Joe
06-18-2012, 07:48 AM
1st Place Chicken and 1st Place Brisket (a first for me) and GC overall. :cheer:

This comp was an automatic for "The Jack", so I guess I will be going back this year.

The best part of the whole thing was having my son come out for the whole comp with me. Really enjoyed spending the Father's Day weekend with him.

jerry516planes
06-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Congrats! Good Job!

SmokyOkie
06-18-2012, 10:44 AM
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Good to see our homey is gonna be the next BBQ Pitmaster!

Buzzwinder
06-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Congrats Joe! :cheers2:

notbobvilla
06-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Great job!!!:thumbs up:

flying illini
06-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Nice Joe! Good work showing some Yankees how to Que.

tomshoots
06-18-2012, 08:41 PM
1st Place Chicken and 1st Place Brisket (a first for me) and GC overall. :cheer:

This comp was an automatic for "The Jack", so I guess I will be going back this year.

The best part of the whole thing was having my son come out for the whole comp with me. Really enjoyed spending the Father's Day weekend with him.

Congrats on your success! Compin' with your son had to be the ultimate Father's Day! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

SmokyOkie
06-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Congrats on your success! Compin' with your son had to be the ultimate Father's Day! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

:whathesaid:

Couldn't ask for more!

Fatback Joe
06-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Damn right, Gents.

Can think of much else to top it. My son is 15 now so our "quality time" gets a bit limited. This weekend will stick with me for a long time.

PigCicles
06-19-2012, 04:37 AM
Dammit Man!! Congratulations on the win and the auto ride to The Jack! I'm sure you had a great time with the boy too.

Did you use anything special this time that you didn't normally do or did you just send the boy in to strong arm the judges :msn-wink:

Good Job Buster - You da man chicken .. ummm I mean chicken man :roflmaoha0:

Fatback Joe
06-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Did you use anything special this time that you didn't normally do

I made some tweaks to the brisket, but everything else was pretty much my normal routine. Same flavor profile though.

Looks like ribs are now my weak link........last 3 comps I have sucked in ribs. Time to make some changes.........just not sure what. :shrug: Never really struggled in ribs before.

SmokyOkie
06-19-2012, 09:14 AM
I made some tweaks to the brisket, but everything else was pretty much my normal routine. Same flavor profile though.

Looks like ribs are now my weak link........last 3 comps I have sucked in ribs. Time to make some changes.........just not sure what. :shrug: Never really struggled in ribs before.

Have you trid injecting with Pure Pork Power? Neil Strawder did that and won ribs at Orange County....but of course, that is California......

Fatback Joe
06-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Have you trid injecting with Pure Pork Power? Neil Strawder did that and won ribs at Orange County....but of course, that is California......

I remember seeing that. :msn-wink:

My taste scores are down and so is my tenderness.........it is like I forgot how to cook a damn rib. LOL

swamprb
06-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Can't beat spending time with the son and Automatic to boot!
Congrats!

Zeeker
06-20-2012, 02:42 AM
Congrats on the win Joe. All the best to ya...:thumbs up:

Joneser
06-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Great Job, Joe! I'm really happy for you.
Glad to hear you got to spend the weekend with your son.
It's always a special time when my boy hangs with me at a comp.