2 Tbs Finely-chopped green onions
2 Tbs finely-chopped celery
1 clove garlic clove, minced very fine
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup breadcrumbs- seasoned or unseasoned

1. Saute onion, garlic, and celery in butter until softened

2. In a small mixing bowl, combine sauted vegetables with remaining

3. ingredients by gently folding with a spoon or by hand so as not to break up the lump crabmeat.

4. Stuffing still needs to be cooked at this point. Stuff whatever you are

5. going to use first, then cook or bake the stuffed dish

6. Use stuffing for steaks, pork, chicken, fish, mushrooms, or anything you want.

7. If baking stuffing in crab shells or small dishes as a side dish, bake at 400 til done

8. Baste with lemon butter once or twice while cooking.

Tips
If stuffing is too wet, add small amounts of bread crumbs til desired consistency is achieved

If stuffing is too dry, add small amounts of cream til desired consistency is achieved

You can use any seafood in this mix.....crab, clams, shrimp, or whatever you like.

SmokyOkie
05-11-2012, 08:50 PM
That really sounds good Jim. Do you think you could make grilled crab cakes out of it?

BYBBQ
05-11-2012, 09:18 PM
I have made them from this recipe. I have fried them, coated them with Panko and fried them for sammies( I think I posted the sammies).

Tim, this is a good base recipe I use, then I tweak it for what I'm cooking. I add green pepper or Jalapeno sometimes.

Usually for crab cakes I use cubed bread instead of bread crumbs, they hold together better and seem to fold together better with the size of the lump meat and the bread cubes. Also to me it's less of a gritty taste.

SmokyOkie
05-11-2012, 09:41 PM
I've never made crab cakes. I think lack of good crab meat at a decent price may have something to do with it. Most of the recipes I see use mayo in them. What woudl you think about subbing mayo for the cream?

BYBBQ
05-11-2012, 10:18 PM
I don't see why you couldn't sub mayo for the cream. It just mixes with the beaten egg as a binder. You may still need maybe a teaspoon of cream if the mixture gets too thick or dry.

Smoke'n Hebrew
05-11-2012, 11:25 PM
That recipe looks outstanding. :sign0092:

Smoke'n Hebrew
05-11-2012, 11:32 PM
I've never made crab cakes. I think lack of good crab meat at a decent price may have something to do with it. Most of the recipes I see use mayo in them. What woudl you think about subbing mayo for the cream?

Crab is never at a good price, it's always expensive. Check out COSTCO they probably have the best prices on lump crab meat.

Or better yet I have 5 crab traps I only used 3 times. You can have them for free if you pick them up but I don't imagine the crabbing is very good in Oklahoma. :laughing-smiley-014