PDA

View Full Version : Geekís Spicy Honey Mustard Sauce

Geek with Fire
07-21-2008, 01:11 PM
So Iíve been playing with a recipe over the last month or so. Iíve been trying to come up with a good sugar free/fat free honey mustard sauce for, Iím ashamed to admit on this forum, salad dressing. I think Iíve finally stopped fiddling with it and thought I would share it with you all. While many of you donít eat rabbit food, it also goes will with chicken.
-------------------------------------------------
Geekís Spicy Honey Mustard Sauce
8 oz. Honey
8 oz. Yellow Mustard
ľ Cup Red Wine
Ĺ tsp Cayenne Pepper
Ĺ-1 tsp Red Pepper Flake
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
ľ tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
1 tsp Salt

Mix all of the ingredients in a Bell jar. Seal and shake to mix. I also hit it with an immersion blender to break up the pepper flake and release the oils. If you want to use it for a glaze, I would increase the honey by Ĺ again.

peculiarmike
07-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Looks like a tasty treat to try. Honey mustard is one of my favorites.
Good dip for chicken tenders, or on a smoked chicken sammie. :1987_food:

SmokyOkie
07-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Sounds like a great glaze for grilled chix Josh. I'll try to give it a try soon. Spose it'd work w/ Dijon or coarse ground German mustard too?

Thanx for sharing.

Geek with Fire
07-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Sounds like a great glaze for grilled chix Josh. I'll try to give it a try soon. Spose it'd work w/ Dijon or coarse ground German mustard too?

Thanx for sharing.

I'd guess you probably could use a flavored mustard. I'd probably back off on the red pepper though as it already has a little kick to it.

Florida Bill
07-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Josh,
Sounds good to me. I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing.