PDA

View Full Version : Deal Alert:Royal Oak Lump at Menard's

oaksmoke
05-05-2012, 09:26 AM
http://menards.com/main/store/20090519001/items/media/Hardware/ROYAL004_200/ProductSmall/ROLump.jpg (http://menards.com/main/outdoor/fire-pits-grills-smokers/8-8-lb-lump-charcoal/p-1490809-c-10141.htm)
Made in U.S.A. Royal Oak lump on sale for $4.88/8.8lb bag through 5/6/12 at Menard's

PigCicles
05-05-2012, 09:49 AM
.... bbb but we don't have a Menard's here :tap:

Primo
05-05-2012, 10:06 AM
.... bbb but we don't have a Menard's here :tap:

spose u can order a pallet for that price and have it shipped :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

peculiarmike
05-06-2012, 09:41 AM
We're getting a new Menard's just up the road at Belton, MO!
I used to shop Menard's all the time when we lived up nort dere in Minisoda.

tomshoots
05-06-2012, 06:14 PM
No Menard's around these parts. And no Royal Oak lump either. Lotsa RO briq's, but never seen the lump.:shrug:

BYBBQ
05-06-2012, 07:28 PM
No Menard's around this area. But, we have lots of RO lump at all the Wal Marts down here.

peculiarmike
05-06-2012, 07:35 PM
No Menard's around these parts. And no Royal Oak lump either. Lotsa RO briq's, but never seen the lump.:shrug:

I'd bet you have an AG concept store around, they are in TX.
Cash Saver, Apple Market, Thriftway, Price Chopper, IGA, Price Mart, Sun Fresh, ALPS, Country Mart
They have Best Choice lump which is Royal Oak repackaged for AG and priced cheaper than Royal Oak.
It's what I use.
:twocents:

tomshoots
05-06-2012, 09:01 PM
I'd bet you have an AG concept store around, they are in TX.
Cash Saver, Apple Market, Thriftway, Price Chopper, IGA, Price Mart, Sun Fresh, ALPS, Country Mart
They have Best Choice lump which is Royal Oak repackaged for AG and priced cheaper than Royal Oak.
It's what I use.
:twocents:

Thanks for the tip Mike. But none of the above are in this area. Never seen Best Choice.

There is B&B oak lump available here, and I recently bought a 20 lb bag. Small, fairly uniformed pieces work well in my Weber kettle. Not so well in the Topper. Temp. was hard to control. Constantly climbing too high. I'm better off with various mesquite lump available around here. Not so much babysitting.

Best of the West oak was available last summer, and it was good. But didn't last as long as the mesquite.

Guess I'm just a mesquiter! :shrug:

SmokyOkie
05-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the tip Mike. But none of the above are in this area. Never seen Best Choice.

There is B&B oak lump available here, and I recently bought a 20 lb bag. Small, fairly uniformed pieces work well in my Weber kettle. Not so well in the Topper. Temp. was hard to control. Constantly climbing too high. I'm better off with various mesquite lump available around here. Not so much babysitting.

Best of the West oak was available last summer, and it was good. But didn't last as long as the mesquite.

Guess I'm just a mesquiter! :shrug:

You just need to find some good Ozark hardwood lump!

tomshoots
05-07-2012, 05:24 AM
No Menard's around this area. But, we have lots of RO lump at all the Wal Marts down here.

Wal Marts here don't carry ANY lump. :shrug:

SmokyOkie
05-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Wal Marts here don't carry ANY lump. :shrug:

Just one more good reason no to go to Walmart!:msn-wink:

BigOlBoysBBQ
05-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Ha could not agree more...our walmart carries royal oak though, a little on the high side but its a consistent supplier so who am I to complain.

not to get off topic but...anyone used Stubbs lump charcoal? Saw it a Lowes and was thinking about picking up a bag to try.