PDA

View Full Version : Small business venture advice

Pagordy
03-28-2012, 11:23 AM
So me and my brother have been noticing a lot of "side of the road" BBQ stands popping up all over our area. With that being said I would like to try my hand at this on a smaller scale, we have a couple prime locations to do this at on the weekend a maybe twice a month. We are thinking of doing pulled pork plates with coleslaw , Texas toast, and baked beans. Basically we would start early in the day and sell boiled peanuts until about lunch time and sell the pork plates until the food runs out. We also will provide drinks such as bottled water and sodas. Has anyone ever done this before is it worth it ?

SmokyOkie
03-28-2012, 01:09 PM
You will prolly want to check with the local health dept. and find out what all hoops you have to jump through. You may change your mind.

Now, as to boiled peanuts, I could never figure out why anyone would boil something to soggy when it would eb sooooo good dry roasted or deep fried.

Can you enlighten me?

Fatback Joe
03-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Can you enlighten me?

I can't enlighten you, but I sure miss seeing them for sale on the side of the road.

I used to put a hurtin' on the "cajun" style boiled..........damn, I am craving them now.

Primo
03-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Gotta be from da south to understand boiled peanuts .:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Pagordy
03-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Greenegg said it best

PigCicles
03-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Check the codes and get the permits or you will end up spending all your profits in fines. Let us know if you decide to go for it .. it will be a fun venture if you do.

I've never, ever, had boiled peanuts. Must be missin something.

Bubblehead
03-28-2012, 07:14 PM

......or Hawaii.

SmokyOkie
03-28-2012, 09:25 PM

I think I am from the south. I've had them many times, but I think I'd rather eat them raw.

bamsbbq
03-30-2012, 03:39 AM
Why you ask? Because a peanut is technically not a nut, its a legume aka bean. And we always boil our beans. Lol

Plus cooked right and eaten fresh is the key. Cooked too long & they are too mushy. I like then both done just right and a little mushy, salty and spicy depending on how many beer I want to.drink. lol

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

SmokyOkie
03-30-2012, 10:13 AM
They are just so much better roasted until dark brown though.