PDA

View Full Version : Pure Pork Power

Timbo
02-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Now that I got a fat boy injector for Christmas, 2012 appears to be the year of the injector.

Picked up a 6 lb pork shoulder bone in roast to cook the same day so I injected with 8oz mixed sample of Pure Pork Power and started a fire. http://usbbqsupply.com/home/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=161

Injected, rubbed with my rib rub and then cooked on the UDS at 240 degrees over lump and apple. As the temps cruised past 170 my bark was looking great and I decided to go no foil which is a first for me. Normally I do a mustard coating, rub, and rest overnight but I did none of it this time. As the temps closed in on 200 I coated the entire outside with BBQ sauce as a glaze. Probe went in like butter so I removed from the smoker, covered, and rested an hour.

Served in large chunks that pulled apart nicely, the pork was very moist and flavorful all on it's own. The pork was not over seasoned, but it brought out the flavor of the pork. The glazed bark made it explode with flavor in my mouth. I don't think I'll ever foil again as it was not mushy and the bark was incredible. I also usually make a finishing sauce, but with the flavor profile throughout with the injection the roast it did not need it.

Overall I give 2 thumbs up :thumbs up::thumbs up: and would recommend this product. Can't wait to try on a bigger chunk of pork next time.

SmokyOkie
02-27-2012, 03:10 PM
:wow: And now I suppose you want an increase in your ad rates?:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Thank you very much for the great review Timbo.

I am really glad you liked the product.

Have you ever tried only cooking to 180 and slicing your pork? I like that even better than pulled and the product does well with it too.

I bone it out first so that I can slice the full length.

Sure wish you had some pix. It sounds like it was pretty.

swamprb
02-29-2012, 06:33 AM
Great review! It's good to see that others are feelin the Pure Pork Power!

tomshoots
02-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the review Timbo. Yeah, I gotta place another order, and that's on my list.