PDA

View Full Version : Bishop's Brisket House - Palestine, Texas

OldUsedParts
02-17-2012, 09:00 AM
"Bishop's Brisket House"

Haven't been here in a while due to some health issues with the Wiffy and I but I thought I'd at least stop in and say Howdy and I hope all is well with everyone.

I also wanted to let Y'all know about a "Q" place that we found yesterday in Palestine, Texas. Among all the Joints that I have eaten at in Texas, this one ranks right up there at the top and we will be frequenting their establishment a bunch in the future.

Here is their website http://www.bishopsbriskethouse.com/ (http://www.bishopsbriskethouse.com/reviews.html%22%20target=%22_blank)
you may have to paste this into your browser window.

P.S. they also have open mic music jamms on Friday nights starting around 5:30pm at the covered pavilion area next to the dining room, so all you pickers, singers and hand clappers feel free to bring your instrument, voice or just your applause and join them on Fridays.

BluDawg
02-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Hey ya old goat roper glad to see you, I hope every things ok with your Bride! Don't be a stranger!:cowboy:

OldUsedParts
02-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Yo Dawg, thanks for the well wishes for the Wiffy - - - - it's a day by day thing and mostly joint problems - - - - - and not "Q" joints either. I'll try to drop in more if I can.:sign0092:

tomshoots
02-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Good to hear from you again OUP. Sorry to hear of Wiffy''s probs.

Thanks for sharing Bishop's. Haven't been to Palestine in ages, but if I get there, I'll check it out.

OldUsedParts
02-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks Tom, one thing I can promise is that you will not have to do very much chewing on their ribs and brisket 'cause it melts in your mouth.

I usually hate driving over to Palestine because it's always a Doctor's appt or Walmart shopping but now I can't wait to go back. Considering the amount of Doctor's a Lab stuff we have to do, we will probably be trying to burn ourselves out on their food this Spring.

Have a great weekend, Y'all,
OUP