PDA

View Full Version : Smokin in the dark rib ticklin, tongue tinglin spicy rub

gt2003
01-16-2012, 11:43 PM
I was in Eureka springs this weekend. Michele and I came upon a shop called "silly chile" which had quite a few rubs and hot sauces. Naturally we spent some good, quality time inside. I ended up with some Bad Byrons Butt rub. I've heard it's good but haven't tried it so thought I'd give it a shot. He also had us try the Smokin in the dark rub. Has anyone else tried it? We both really like the flavor and I'm excited to try it on something very soon! It must be OK because we ended up buying the sample bottle at a discounted price :) So, give me your input/ideas on the Byrons and the Smoking in the dark rubs. I'm looking forward to trying both soon...very soon!

SmokyOkie
01-17-2012, 11:58 AM
I like Butt Rub and think it is a good basic rub, but I don't think there is anything that really stands out with it.

My :twocents:

PigCicles
01-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Bad Byron's is good but like Tim said it doesn't really stand out or POP ya know. Good for when cooking for a mixed crowd tho. I do know some that do really like it .. so it's up to your personal tastes. Let us know how YOU like it.

Haven't used the Smokin in the Dark yet.