PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY got to cook on a Weber!

gt2003
12-19-2011, 10:59 PM
I went to Fayetteville, Ar this last weekend to spend it with my new "second half"! To my surprise, she has a Weber 22" grill! Well, the testosterone started flowing so I had to cook on it. I went out and bought 4 chuck eyes and 2 ribeyes. I started a chimney of charcoal and let it get going quite well. Once I spread it all out over the grill, I added extra charcoal because it didn't seem like enough.... WOW! That baby got really hot, really quick! However, I paid close attention to the steaks and they turned out really well. Next time I'll use one chimney of fuel and create myself a "cool zone" where I can put the meat that needs some indirect heat prior to removing from the grill. So, a couple of questions prior to my next grill purchase:

1. Should I go with the Weber Performer since it has the thermo in the lid along with the prep surfaces despite only having a 22 inch diameter?

2. OR, is the better option the 26.75" weber stand alone grill without the prep surface but with a larger cooking area?

I'm not really sure at this point. All my gas grills have had side tables. I don't use them for anything special. I do enjoy having them to set a cookie sheet on to use once the food is ready to come off the grill. Thoughts from those that are experienced with both???? After my 1st experience, I am very ready to make the switch from gas to charcoal!

SmokyOkie
12-19-2011, 11:06 PM
I really like the performer, but if you need the extra space, the big one is the way to go.

New other half?????

Becky is history?????

Vermin99
12-19-2011, 11:07 PM
I say get a Performer. The added height and table make it worth it to me. Home depot has them right now on sale. I have read as low as $200 depending where you live. If you really need extra grilling space for a party or get together you have other grills you can use or a Silver can be had fairly cheap. There are also a lot of accessories for the 22.5 if you want farther on down the road.

tomshoots
12-19-2011, 11:25 PM
As a Weber One touch owner, I agree with John. The table space on the Performer is nice. If you need more grill space than 22.5", get a 22.5" OT, and park it along side. My :twocents:

PigCicles
12-20-2011, 12:19 AM
I think you really kind of answered your own question. You use the shelf. It is handy to have the shelf around when you need it. I have a fold up aluminum table that I've had for years that I use every time I use the drum and even the grill, and it goes with me to every outing (you may have even seen it).

I say go with your gut - you won't be disappointed either way. But you're gonna want a shelf or table either way.

gt2003
12-20-2011, 07:20 AM
Funny thing, I'll be in Tulsa tonight. Looks like I'll be hitting Home Depot! Thanks for the input gentlemen. Looking forward to a new grill!

gt2003
12-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Yes Tim, Becky is history! Just didn't work out and she was trying to make me into something I'm not. So, it had to end. The new ladies name is Michele. Very sweet girl from Fayetteville who I can 100% be myself around. So, we'll see how this whole thing turns out. Plus, really, Michele has a Weber, Becky doesn't. That really showed me the good Lord is looking out for me! :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

PigCicles
12-20-2011, 08:53 AM
:roflmaoha0: Look at you go Greg - got a new girl AND she has a Weber. Hope she likes outdoor cooking. Not that it matters but isn't Fayetteville like an hour and a half or so from Gore?? Guess she won't just stop by huh?? :msn-wink:

BTW we need pics when you get that new grill.

gt2003
12-20-2011, 09:31 AM
:roflmaoha0: Look at you go Greg - got a new girl AND she has a Weber. Hope she likes outdoor cooking. Not that it matters but isn't Fayetteville like an hour and a half or so from Gore?? Guess she won't just stop by huh?? :msn-wink:

BTW we need pics when you get that new grill.

The perfect combo, woman plus grill! She does like outdoor cooking just doesn't do much herself. So, that's where I step in! It's the 22.5 inch Weber and she's used it only a handful of times. She's also already mentioned a grill for me for Christmas. So, we'll see what transpires.

Yes, Fayetteville is about an hour and a half from Gore. So, no popping in on me outta no where, lol! She's also into me doing things I like to do; hunting, fishing, cooking etc. without throwing a fit. So, that's pretty much priceless too! She'll also let her hair down and drink a few screwdrivers when the situation calls for it. She makes some dang good, uhm....chicken enchiladas too. So, lots of good stuff going on in my world right now. I realized last night how many posts I was behind on. That can only mean i've obviously NOT been cooking enough!

PigCicles
12-20-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm sorry Greg ... she sounded like she was almost perfect, then you brought up that C word ... I'm sure eventually you'll find a good woman :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0:

She sounds great bud .. hope to meet her at one of the gatherings.

gt2003
12-20-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm sorry Greg ... she sounded like she was almost perfect, then you brought up that C word ... I'm sure eventually you'll find a good woman :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0:

She sounds great bud .. hope to meet her at one of the gatherings.

Somehow I knew I had that coming!!:moon:

Grand lake preparations will be in the works before we know it! Good times ahead.