PDA

View Full Version : Blueberry Lemonade

TX Sandman
07-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Made this last night. Good stuff, but it could use more lemon juice for my tastes. Next time, I'll use more lemon zest and juice. Good stuff, though, IMO, and not something you find in a store.

Blueberry Lemonade
from _Beary, Beary Good Blueberry Recipes_
Ark-La-Tex Blueberry Growers Association

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Zest from 2 or more lemons (leave in big pieces, if possible)
1 pint (2 cups) blueberries
1 cup lemon juice (or more, to taste) (I used 5 lemons, could use more.)
1 quart water

1. Combine water, sugar, and zest in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat to dissolve sugar. Bring to a boil and boil a few minutes (5-7 or so). Strain to remove the zest and let cool. (This is a simple syrup.)

2. Puree blueberries in a blender.

3. Combine blueberries, syrup, and water. Add lemon juice to taste, but start light.

PigCicles
07-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Sounds intersting Rob. I'll print this off for the next time we have a family cook out.

cowgirl
07-12-2008, 05:57 PM
:)...Sounds good Tx Sandman!

TX Sandman
07-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Made this last night. Good stuff, but it could use more lemon juice for my tastes. Next time, I'll use more lemon zest and juice. Good stuff, though, IMO, and not something you find in a store.

:thumbs up: Might not need it. It had a good lemon flavor at dinner tonight. Might just've needed to sit a bit. That, or my taste was off from cookin' it up last night.

Still, start light, like 4 oz of juice, and add from there. If you need to sweeten it, use simple syrup or "bar sugar". Regular granulated sugar might not fully dissolve.

For simple syrup, boil sugar and water (ratio usually 2:1, but 1:1 works) until the sugar dissolves and let cool. Great for sweetening tea or other drinks.

SmokyOkie
07-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Great info on the simple sugar Rob.