PDA

View Full Version : Free BBQ at Oklahoma Joe's BBQ in Broken Arrow, OK

Fatboy
12-16-2011, 05:33 PM
I am happy to announce that Oklahoma Joe Davidson (yes, the Oklahoma Joe as in the inventor of the offset pipe smoker) has invited The Q Joint to his new Oklahoma Joe's Restaurant in Broken Arrow, Ok to dine for free.

He has invited as many members as would like to attend, along with one family member and he is footing the bill.

This will be a one time event and we will have to decide what we want to set as the date.

We are thinking that probably sometime in February would be a good time.

Please vote in the attached poll and make a post as to how many would be with your party if you would like to attend.

PigCicles
12-16-2011, 08:08 PM
I am interested and willing - I'll drag the wife, willing or not

cabinetmaker
12-17-2011, 09:27 AM
How could anyone possibly say no? Rocks for brains? Angela and I will be in attendance.

peculiarmike
12-17-2011, 10:05 AM
I COULD just go to one of them here and not have to drive so far to get KC que.

But a road trip works.

Set the date.

trucknstuffmike
12-17-2011, 10:06 AM
WOW very nice!, I would love to come give it a try +1

crewdawg52
12-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Could always "jump" down there to Tulsa and rent a car. Haven't been back to Oklahoma (Edmond) since we left there in "97.

cabinetmaker
12-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Crewdog, I'd bet you wouldn't even have to rent a car.:msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
12-17-2011, 04:43 PM
I COULD just go to one of them here and not have to drive so far to get KC que.

But a road trip works.

Set the date.

Not KC Q Mke. Not affiliated with the Okla Joe's in KC. Not a franchise.

Even the one up there never was KC Q. Always was Joe's (Bixby, OK) recipes. Just originally opened up there for a larger market than Tulsa.

peculiarmike
12-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Not KC Q Mke. Not affiliated with the Okla Joe's in KC. Not a franchise.

Even the one up there never was KC Q. Always was Joe's (Bixby, OK) recipes. Just originally opened up there for a larger market than Tulsa.

What is sold in the TWO here in KC will be what is sold there.

SmokyOkie
12-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Not according to the owner.

And just for the record, the first Okla Joe's restaurant was in Stillwater, Ok. Their BBQ was imported to Kansas City.

chadd17
12-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Set a date and we will be there. :thumbs up:

PigCicles
12-18-2011, 06:38 PM
:roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0:

The brothers are arguing again!! I bet BOTH (or all three) sell BBQ and I bet you order it from some kind of menu ... just guessin on that one.

The biggest question is ... Is it GOOD BBQ or BBQ for the masses??

SmokyOkie
12-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Just ate there today for lunch and took the tribe.

We had pulled pork, hot links, sliced brisket, burnt ends, ribs, tater salad, Cole slaw, fries, onions rings, BBQ beans. Tried to try a little of everything.

Brisket was the absolute best restaurant brisket I have ever had. Pulled pork was well above average, ribs were really good but a tad overcooked for our tastes...of course we undersand why, so many folks want fall off the bone ribs. Hot links were good, but not as good as Mountain View.

Slaw, tater salad and onion rings were killer, and the BBQ beans were about the best I ever had.

I think Joe's will become a destination BBQ joint basede on what we saw today.

The decor is a montage of everything historical Oklahoma Joe from jack Daniels championship and American Royal championship photos, to the original 24" Okla Joe smoker.

I say, be there or be square.

peculiarmike
12-19-2011, 12:39 AM
And the date is???????????

crewdawg52
12-19-2011, 09:08 AM
And the date is???????????

Dec 19th, 2011 :moon:

Daddeo
12-19-2011, 10:37 AM
That sounds like fun; I will attend with my wife....looking forward like to meeting some of the characters that pass out the knowledge around here; some of the others, too.

Partyshack BBQ
12-20-2011, 12:06 AM
2 please

Cajokie
12-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Have not been on the site for a long time. Just happened to cruise in this morning.

Free Q is always accepted. s/b FUN. And GOOD.

Thanks........:thumbs up:

Fatboy
01-29-2012, 10:09 PM
As you all know, the date has been set for Saturday Feb. 11 at 3:00 PM. Now we need a committed head count.

I will start a new thread. Please respond as soon as possible and only respond if you can commit to coming. it would be extremely bad to have them expecting a certain number of people and then have them not show up.

Please check the announcements forum for the head count thread.

peculiarmike
01-30-2012, 01:29 AM
As you all know, the date has been set for Saturday Feb. 11 at 3:00 PM. Now we need a committed head count.

I will start a new thread. Please respond as soon as possible and only respond if you can commit to coming. it would be extremely bad to have them expecting a certain number of people and then have them not show up.

Please check the announcements forum for the head count thread.

Yeah. Then we would all have to eat their share so things didn't look so bad. :roflmaoha0: