PDA

View Full Version : HOT BBQ sauce ideas

Pagordy
12-11-2011, 10:29 AM
So I have been Thinking of making a really, really hot BBQ sauce I have a very good recipe which is more sweet than anything else but want to make basically the same version just really hot, maybe almost to hot for the usual people. But is there even a market out there for such a thing?

PigCicles
12-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Trust me there is a market. There are some of us out there that are insane when it comes to heat spice .. I've been accused :msn-wink:

If you Google "insane pepper sauce" you will find the most popular sites. Will you be making a standard pepper type sauce or an extract?

For some pretty hot (to most) chili I like to use this sauce that uses Red Savina, Fatali, and Bhut Jolokia rated just under 1 million Scoville Heat Units (SHU)...

It's coming up on time for some good chili.

Q-N-Brew
12-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Here's a link to some pretty hot BBQ sauces to give you an idea of sizes and prices too.

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/bbqsauce.html

Let us know if you bottle for sale.

SmokyOkie
12-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Add some ghost pepper (http://www.alamocitypepperproducts.com/Seasonings/ghostchile.html) powder to just about any recipe and get heat without hardly changing the flavor.

Pagordy
12-11-2011, 11:39 AM
How about some straight out habanero powder to the existing recipe I have ?

PigCicles
12-11-2011, 11:59 AM
That will add some nice heat and flavor. I bet it would be good.

Pagordy
12-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Oh and by the way if anyone has a sauce they would like to ship out to me to sample I'm always up for it lol

Bubblehead
12-12-2011, 06:07 PM
I have been known to add my hot sauce to BBQ sauce to kick it up. Comes out pretty good to my taste buds.

http://www.theqjoint.com/forum/showthread.php?8987-THE-Orange-Goodness

Pagordy
12-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Boy I guess I may need some pointers on my sauce im working on I have had the same kind of ketchup based sauce for a while but tonight I tried modifying it and I swear I must have added a billion things to an otherwise simple sauce recipe and it tasted exactly the same except a little bit hotter because I added some of that habenero powder. I guess this just may not be the kind of sauce im looking for. im confused ....:shrug:

SmokyOkie
12-12-2011, 10:36 PM
You can either happen on to a good recipe by concocting, or you can know what it is oyu want and work toward it through experimentation. Either one is good when you find something that you like.

Have you played around with mustard based sauces? They don't have to taste like mustard.

Pagordy
12-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Nope never have tried a mustard based sauce I would imagine they are good and do you think it would compliment a very good amount of hotness? I think the problem I'm having is my recipe is a little too sweet with the apple base

SmokyOkie
12-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Sweet and heat go together well. I don't know why your sweet sauce couldn't benefit form a little heat.

Pagordy
12-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Oh it does I mean don't get me wrong it isn't horrible maybe I'm just being to picky about it everyone says its good that tasted it today but unfortunately no one I talk too really eats BBQ at all let alone practices the art

SmokyOkie
12-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Main thing is if you like it.:msn-wink:

Pagordy
12-14-2011, 12:36 PM
This is true

Pagordy
12-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Update : my new sauce is beginning to grow on me.

Umpa
02-09-2012, 07:58 PM
I make my base sauce in bulk. Then I take it to the sweet side for chic and ribs. Base is for pork. Then I take it and add serronos for milder hot, and/or habs for HOT. Have played with ghost chili powder, but that got out of hand. Ha. Is the hot stuff for beef stuff... Good luck...

sent from a fone that's smarter than me...using Tapitalk