PDA

View Full Version : WTB Backwoods Party or Similar

BeerHatesRob
11-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Hey there,

So I've been searching high & low for a smoker that fits my needs, my budget, & my location. Being in Southern California there is surprisingly a huge lack of options for pits, verts, offsets, etc.

I've been wanting to upgrade from my UDS to something aesthetically more pleasing to the eye as well as more efficient and bigger in capacity.

I have about $1000 to work with, but have yet to find something that matches what I want.

So, if anyone is looking to offload a used Party, Stumps Baby, Pitmaker Safe somewhere within a 2-3hr drive of Los Angeles, please let me know!

Thanks all!

SmokyOkie
11-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Hey there,

So I've been searching high & low for a smoker that fits my needs, my budget, & my location. Being in Southern California there is surprisingly a huge lack of options for pits, verts, offsets, etc.

I've been wanting to upgrade from my UDS to something aesthetically more pleasing to the eye as well as more efficient and bigger in capacity.

I have about $1000 to work with, but have yet to find something that matches what I want.

So, if anyone is looking to offload a used Party, Stumps Baby, Pitmaker Safe somewhere within a 2-3hr drive of Los Angeles, please let me know!

Thanks all!

Welcome to The Joint!:sign0016:

I get the feeling based on your post that if you buy a $1000 smoker, you will, in fairly short order, wish you had spent more.

I wish you luck in finding what you want, but with a new Party selling for around $1500, I doubt that you will find one in good shape for $1000. They hold their value well.

I would also encourage you to consider an Extended Party instead. The extra depth is a pretty nice thing to have.

Have you checked the Backwoods forum for a used unit?

BeerHatesRob
11-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I understand about that price point being tricky to find what I'm looking for. But I have come across several 5yr+ used Party units on Craigslist only to miss them by hours or have the seller promise me he'd hold it only to sell it before I could get there.

And the reason I can't go much higher is that I'm reserving an additional $300 or so for a Guru unit, cover, possible prep table as well.

Any chance you could direct me to the Backwoods forum??? I actually found myself directed here via their website so I assumed that this was the proper place to post.

Thanks a ton!!!

swamprb
04-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Keep an eye out on the California BBQ Assn. or Grand Canyon State BBQ Assn. websites For Sale forums, I just saw a used Backwoods Gater go for an excellent price. Some of those SoCal resellers can possibly hook you up with somebody looking to upgrade.