PDA

View Full Version : Server upgrade

Fatboy
10-24-2011, 09:24 PM
In speaking with the hosting service about recent slow loading, we decided to upgrade to a grid server system.

What has been slowing the forum down has been heavier than normal load on the single server we were on. with the grid server system, the load should balance between a grid of servers thus speeding up page loading, etc.

Of course, this will not speed up anyones computer, no will it compensate for slow ISP speed, but it should allow you to get the most you can out of your own system.

This migration will take place over the next three days, and we have been assured that there will be no down time involved. We are all familiar with Murphy's law however. shold there be any issues, they should be attended to rapidly, so please bear with us as we once again strive to move forward in our quest for excellence here at The Q Joint.

Thank You

PigCicles
10-25-2011, 07:49 AM
Thank you Sir Oval King .. ummm I mean Sir HMFIC

Reminds me it's time for my twice a year (twice annual left too many doors open) TQJ Support donation

Joneser
10-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks, FB! I really noticed the slowness yesterday, it was painfully slow.

SmokyOkie
10-25-2011, 02:52 PM
It has been pissing me off, but I thought it was just my connection.....until I tried a few others.

PigCicles
10-25-2011, 03:25 PM
The site is back up to speed where it should be. The for ever loading pages were really bringin me down.

I know Bill was saying it always too forever for his pages to load .. he will be a true test if we can bait him in. Where's Fatback?? :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
10-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Man the difference is like day and night!

01fordgazguzler
10-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Man the difference is like day and night!

Couldnt agree more. I was super suprised when I opened the forum up. Its like moving from dial up to Whiskey Runner.

SmokyOkie
10-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Fatboy did good!

01fordgazguzler
10-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Fatboy did good!

:thumbs up::thumbs up:

notbobvilla
10-26-2011, 11:26 AM
It was awful last night. Wouldn't load for me at all, I had to venture to other sites.....it was not good:blushing:
Thank you for all your hard work....donation coming soon!

Fatboy
10-26-2011, 11:44 AM
We were told that the full migration could take as long as three days. We were also told that there might be issues here and there along the way, but that there should be no service interruption.

The migration should be complete by the end of the day today.

Your issues may have occurred due to part of the migration process.

Is it better now?