PDA

View Full Version : Giordano's Chicago

PigCicles
10-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Went out of town on a business trip with a group from work. After all the business was done we hopped the train to Union station and took a walk down town on Michigan Ave.

We decided that since we're in Chicago, we had to have some Chicago style pizza. So we stopped in on the Lake Street address and had some great pizza.

If you are on Michigan Ave headed for the Magnificant Mile ... stop in for some really good pizza. Be prepared for a wait, enjoy the bar if you drink a beer now and then. The large filled up 3 "healthy" men so plan accordingly.

Giordanos
103 Lake St.
Chicago IL

Whole pie (meat style pizza)
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t38/PigCicles/Giordanoswholelarge.jpg

Slice - check out the cheese
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t38/PigCicles/Giordanosslice.jpg

Joneser
10-24-2011, 12:11 PM
I love the deep dish! Great stuff. We had Uno's last time we were in the Chicago...not bad, but the wait was really long....

BluDawg
10-24-2011, 06:06 PM
I bet I would have a difficult time to finish 1 slice. That is allot of Pizza!

Primo
10-24-2011, 06:15 PM
excellent pizza
when i go to my brother in laws hone in evanston .i go there .they even ship frozen pizza to my house .its dry iced up

Buzzwinder
10-24-2011, 07:09 PM
:cheers2: Giordano's Rocks.

chopper103in
11-06-2011, 02:06 AM
Lou Malnatiís is real good also

of course i make the best at home

peculiarmike
11-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Isn't that the spare off Joneser's Roadmaster????

tomshoots
11-06-2011, 09:18 PM
I just know I'd love that! Probly take a Pepcid first.

SmokyOkie
11-06-2011, 10:27 PM
I love the deep dish! Great stuff. We had Uno's last time we were in the Chicago...not bad, but the wait was really long....

Uno's is my favorite. I wept when they closed the tulsa store. the sausage and tomatoes they use in the Numero Unom along with the crust is just killer!

Went out of town on a business trip with a group from work. After all the business was done we hopped the train to Union station and took a walk down town on Michigan Ave.

We decided that since we're in Chicago, we had to have some Chicago style pizza. So we stopped in on the Lake Street address and had some great pizza.

If you are on Michigan Ave headed for the Magnificant Mile ... stop in for some really good pizza. Be prepared for a wait, enjoy the bar if you drink a beer now and then. The large filled up 3 "healthy" men so plan accordingly.

I love a good double crust Sicilian filled deep dish!

Now, my question is this: I count 8 slices, and oyu said 3 guys....Who was the lightweight?:msn-wink:

PigCicles
11-07-2011, 08:36 AM
A smaller fella in the group and he tried a piece of someone elses small pizza of a different mix (pepperoni and pineapple I believe).

One of the guys that helped eat this one doesn't care for red sauce, but devoured this pizza and to this day says it was "GOOD".