PDA

View Full Version : Doing my second smoke this weekend

redlinehuntr10
09-16-2011, 08:00 AM
I am preparing to do my second smoke on my CG duo with side fire box this weekend. Since this is only my second smoke, I am doing another pork shoulder. I modified the rub recipe that I prepared for the first smoke. I will post pics when it it is finished. Don't want to take pics during the cook so I won't lose heat by opening up the lid. I am toying with the idea of using a mop sauce on the shoulder to see how it comes out. The first shoulder I made, I just put the rub on it and no sauce. Friends and family raved over it even without the sauce. I did provide a commercial sauce for them to put on the sandwiches at their leisure, but this time I might make my own sauce for a mop, and then save some to mix in once it is pulled.

Fatback Joe
09-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Well, if you are opening to mop, you may as well take a pic. LOL

Just kidding, good luck with the smoke.

PigCicles
09-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Can't wait to see those pics buster. Sounds like you got your plan lined up. Get plenty of pics to share cuz we're gonna be hungry by then :msn-wink:

Hurry back!!!

SmokyOkie
09-16-2011, 09:58 AM
:whathesaid:

BluDawg
09-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Sounds like you have a plan but if it aint broke don't fix it. I have a theory about Molesting the meat: Sptitz, Spray, Baste or Foiling, I don't do it. Every time you open the pit you are extending cook time, and spraying cold liquid on hot meat only exacerbates the problem and gives no benefit that I have been able to discern.:shrug:
Put the beer cooler between the wood pile and the pit, drink a beer and add a split. When you get up for a beer grab a split for the fire repeat as needed. Keep it simple!! :msn-wink:

notbobvilla
09-16-2011, 11:58 AM
:whathesaid: Enjoy your weekend!

tomshoots
09-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Can't wait to see it done.:msn-wink:

Is it done yet??:tap:

redlinehuntr10
09-21-2011, 08:00 AM
I am sorry to say that when I was loading the pics up from my camera onto my computer, I had no idea that there was a viris on my computer and crashed everything. Every pic I had stored on the card is infected and I can't load them up. I did however take a couple pics with my cell phone that I will try to load up from work. I am afraid to try and load my SD card onto my work computer, don't want to bring a viris into work and cause problems. My computer is currently being fixed by a friend. He has my SD card also and is going to try and salvage the pics I have on it. Once I get a chance I can load the few pics I took with my cell phone. Sorry I can't post anything right now.

Joneser
09-21-2011, 09:06 AM
http://www.jeep-cj.com/gallery/files/1/6/7/1/this_thread_is_useless_without_pichers_small.jpg