PDA

View Full Version : OK Joes Resturant

Daddeo
09-12-2011, 02:49 PM
This is directed to the NE OK members. Do you guys know anything about the Oklahoma Joes BBQ Resturant going in by Bass Pro in Broken Arrow? Its in the building that Runts BBQ was in before they went out of business.

cabinetmaker
09-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Any Idea when it opens? We could have a QJoint lunch and critique it.

SmokyOkie
09-12-2011, 03:34 PM
If they run it like they run the KC store, it will be pretty good. I'm glad to hear about it.
I like Curt's idea!

Daddeo
09-12-2011, 03:48 PM
The sign on the building says "in the fall" and there's a truck or a vehicle there occaisionally. I'm just glad something is going in there 'cause I live close to it. We didn't eat lots of BarBQue at Runts, but the catfish was very good. That location probably cost enough that you have to sell a bunch of BarBQue, but they sure have the traffic next to Bass Pro. If they put a date on the sign I'll shout. I'd like to meet some of the TQJ guys.

SmokyOkie
09-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Sounds like a deal. Runts BBQ was mediocre at best. I gave them 2 chances and they failed ot produce, not only that, but their prices were out of line with what they served.

I would sure like to see a few more choices in BA.

Joneser
09-13-2011, 09:18 AM
A TQJ Lunch would be cool...there are enough of you Okies in that area that you could run them out of Q.
Makes me think about Kev...hope he's well. anybody heard from him lately?

cabinetmaker
09-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Kevin is doing fine. His new job keeps him very busy. He pops in from time to time.

SmokyOkie
09-13-2011, 11:09 AM
BA LoKo? I haven't heard form him in ages. I think he is pissed at me.

What is he doing at his new job?

peculiarmike
09-14-2011, 06:00 AM
Take an American Royal competition BBQ team to OK Joe's for lunch (at their request) and then listen to the critiques. :exasper: :roflmaoha0:

I'll say there is plenty better que in KC than OK Joes. It's a lot like KC Masterpiece was, que for the masses. It's "OK". Not exciting, but "OK".
And there is better que in Tulsa also.
:twocents:

SmokyOkie
09-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Take an American Royal competition BBQ team to OK Joe's for lunch (at their request) and then listen to the critiques. :exasper: :roflmaoha0:

I'll say there is plenty better que in KC than OK Joes. It's a lot like KC Masterpiece was, que for the masses. It's "OK". Not exciting, but "OK".
And there is better que in Tulsa also.
:twocents:

Any competition team will find fault with any BBQ joint. Hell, they will even find fault with their own stuff.

Remember too MIke, competition food is not "Eating Food". Good comp Q is too rich to make a meal of.

While there are indeed two or three Q joints in the Tulsa area that produce edible Q, I found OK JOe's in KC to be pretty good and I will be glad to have them this close to home if they do as well here as they do there.

Daddeo
09-14-2011, 02:10 PM
I just wanted to see what I could learn about OK Joes. Seems like I'll frequent a resturant because of one or two dishes or side dishes that I really like, it also helps if I like the waitresses or they are real cute. And I try to have reasonable expectations about what they serve. Nobody serves BBQ better than mine...atleast to me. On the other hand, I'm certain that a comp team wouldn't be as wild about my brisket as I am. As long as its tasty and tender with good sauce, sides and setting, I'll probably go back, especially with good company, and when I don't have the inclination or time to cook for 12 hours.

peculiarmike
09-16-2011, 05:52 AM
Any competition team will find fault with any BBQ joint. Hell, they will even find fault with their own stuff.

Remember too MIke, competition food is not "Eating Food". Good comp Q is too rich to make a meal of.

While there are indeed two or three Q joints in the Tulsa area that produce edible Q, I found OK JOe's in KC to be pretty good and I will be glad to have them this close to home if they do as well here as they do there.

I'm just sayin' I took them there AT THEIR REQUEST because they had heard how great it was. Then I had to listen to the comments the rest of the day. They were not impressed. It was funny.

And I find Ok Joe's que to be average mass produced que. Nothing special. It's not bad. But nothing special.
I'd rather eat at Oden's in Belton, MO. Or Quick's in KC. Or Mike's Peculiar Smoke Barbecue near Peculiar, MO. :shrug:

PigCicles
09-16-2011, 08:32 AM
Yeah that Peculiar Smoke ain't bad stuff. Hope I'm available for the TQJ lunch run when it opens. It'll be good to see a few of the folks I ain't seen in a while or met.

SmokyOkie
09-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Yeah that Peculiar Smoke ain't bad stuff. Hope I'm available for the TQJ lunch run when it opens. It'll be good to see a few of the folks I ain't seen in a while or met.

I understand that remodeled and expanded.

PigCicles
09-16-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm hoping to make a trip to visit during their world famous Apple Butter Makin Days - never know my schedule til it's close.

Daddeo
09-29-2011, 10:08 AM
I drove by the new OK Joes location this a.m. Besides the big smoker on a trailer sitting out behind the place, suddenly there is lots of activity. Several cars and trucks; people moving in and out; it looks like lots of work going on. They may be finally getting it ready to open.

SmokyOkie
09-29-2011, 09:34 PM
I was over there last week and there were some folks working inside.

I drove around back to try and see if the smoker was a Hickory or a pride, but couldn't tell w/o getting out of the truck.

Always anxious to try a new Q joint.

Jake
09-30-2011, 03:07 AM
lol be thankful boys come to BC we have next to nothing for places to go to and most of them couldn't hold....... the only reason i would move to the states is Q lol

SmokyOkie
09-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Jake?????WTF is Jake???????

Where ya been boy????? :sign0016: back!

Jake
10-02-2011, 08:00 PM
lol been busy lots of stuff going on, i tried to check in every so often and at least look at posts, hows things? and how is everyone?

SmokyOkie
10-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Everybody is doing fine at the Okie Ranch. How 'bout things in the Great Frozen North?

Jake
10-02-2011, 08:25 PM
ill pm you later or tomorrow dont want to high jack the post :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
10-02-2011, 08:35 PM
ill pm you later or tomorrow dont want to high jack the post :msn-wink:

He!! Jake, we're family here. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to know what's been goin' on. Why not post a thread and fill us all in on where ya been?

cabinetmaker
10-03-2011, 07:03 AM
:whathesaid:We will need Paul to translate for us.:roflmaoha0:

Jake
10-03-2011, 09:53 AM
That u will lol I'll try to later on

peculiarmike
01-15-2015, 01:53 AM
Y'all know Oklahoma Joe's in KC is now just Joe's Barbecue. Got a divorce from the other place in Broken Arrow.
Same que, different name is what they say. I have not been there since the name change.
:shrug: